Sunday, June 21, 2009

LQ - Leadership Quotient

Yes, IQ and EI are both necessary requisites for being a leader.

I could also make the case that there are other behaviors required for leaders to be successful.
Behaviors such as:
  • Risk-taking - being first, standing out in front, taking the heat, not being sure of the action, but certain if its' rightness and that there is a need for action
  • Courage - to stand alone, to take action, to face criticism, to face ridicule steadfastly
  • Self-trust - that I can endure and survive, that I will be okay, that I am right
  • Perseverance - to endure the loneliness, to stay the path, in the face of resistance
  • Tenacity - stick-to-itiveness, never say die, maintain direction against all odds, dogged pursuit of a better future
  • Transparency - of reasoning, or future vision, of fears and self-doubt, of failures, of weaknesses, or personal reasons for change, or self
  • Self-insight/awareness - a solid grasp of who I am, my values, my intent, my struggles, my weaknesses, my strengths, my mission
  • Focus on the future - the vision for change, the value and benefit of achieving the vision, the all-encompassing desire to move in the direction of a dream for something better than what exists today
  • Other-orientation - An appreciation for how difficult transversing the gap to the future will be and sharing it openly, allowing people the choice to lead and follow to the future, an appreciation for others strengths/weaknesses and choices
What additional ones do you have in mind?

Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment